SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case 580SE 4X2 Front Axle wanted

Mick Mac The king pins are wallowed out on both sides,I am interested in buying a good used front axle,this machine is two wheel drive,the two eyes that carry the king pin bearing on each side is wallowed out.
MM

AJ You may as well try to find an axle as you will probably get one cheaper than getting new ends welded to you old one,two weld on ends and two kingpin sets will be in the region of $1.5K, then there is the welding,if you have a local line borer ask him for a price to rebuild them,try Machinery Trader for a parting out one.
AJ

Tony Grieve I have a CASE W4 articulated tractor/front end loader, it has a seized engine from overheating. I am trying to establish the correct engine model so that I can begin to source parts for a re-build. I would like to hear from anyone who has a W4 and where I might be able to locate engine parts, particularly in Australia. CASE in Australia have no info on the W4. CASE in the US don't bother to respond to emails. The engine is a 1.8 Lt Leyland to the best of my knowledge, the engine ID tag number is 18V/738B/D 3290. Would appreciate any info.
AJ You should have started a separate thread to stand a better chance of response,I'm in the UK and if I wanted parts for an overhaul it would be the local engine machine shop I would go to,what parts do you need,there is lots of aftermarket things like pistons,valves and gaskets etc,if there is any DAF dealers in Oz they should be able to supply you.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: