SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Johnp on Friday, May 19, 2017:

Hi everyone
Was looking at a 1985 MF 690,
It has 7000 hours on the clock, do you all think
this is a lot, I ask as it is a little hard to start.
The owner heated it, did not seem to be overly
hot around the heater in the manifold, he gave it 30-40 seconds, then it took two maybe 15 second spins to ger her going, she came on tap really well when she did start, no misses or stuttering.

Just wonder in general what you all think such a tractor would be worth here in Ireland.
She as good wide tyres, and three gear levers, and a fair amount of oil has leaked from the back end somewhere and is laying in a steel tray the owner keeps under it, it has rarely been used this past 5 years and is stored inside, hens the tray to save the floor.
There looks to be very little wear around the lifts, steering is tight, albeit there is some play up at the wheel, seems to be in the rotator, is this play normal. pins stubs and hubs are all tight though, going to take it out for a spin tomorrow so am looking to get your views regarding what I've mentioned, especially price, and if they are worth doing up if the engine turns out to have sufficient wear, its a non turbo 248 engine with an oil cooler in front of the radiator, is this normal too, the cab is not too bad, and I would replace it or build my own in time if I buy, he is looking 5,000, says he won't take less, as it cost him a lot more, he is an honest fellow, but at the end of the day may be he paid too much and I don't want to do the same.

Thanks to all, john

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: