SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Dave on Saturday, April 15, 2017:

When I turn the key I get absolutely nothing. No crank whatsoever. I should have did some research before going out to buy a new battery. Brand new battery and still nothing. A search of this issue led me to this forum, and based on my reading it sounds like it could possibly be one of the kill switches (under seat and brake). I read I could test it by running a wire from the battery to the solenoid but I get a lot of sparks and the wire gets too hot for me to hold it long enough to turn over. I am definitely out of my league a bit here, but I really want to try to fix this myself instead of having someone haul it away and charge me near what I paid for it.

One comment (Dennis) referenced the small terminal of the solenoid. I don't even know how to tell which that is.

Does the fact that it at least sparked reveal enough to point me in the right direction?

One other piece of information I am hoping is helpful is that I haven't been able to move the tractor at all. I wanted to move it toward the front of garage where I have more light, but when I put it in neutral and seemingly release the brake I can't get the tractor to budge.

Would the kill switch related to the brake prevent it from moving even without power?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: