SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Rock2000 on Monday, November 07, 2016:

I have a briggs and stratton V-twin 17hp motor. I took it apart to fix a loose valve seat, but now the fuel pump doesn't seem to work. It will start if I put fuel in the bowl before assembly, but it will die after that is used. I put in new diaphragms and gaskets, but still nothing gets into the bowl. Fuel makes it into the fuel pump fine though.

At a glance, I don't even see how the fuel could ever get from the fuel pump inlet to the carb bowl. There is a pinhole in the carb body side of the pump that I don't know where it goes, but that is too small to be the normal path. There is a hole from the backside of the fuel pump that goes into the carb and into the bowl, but with the diaphragm and gaskets the back side is isolated from the fuel inlet area. So how does fuel ever get to the bowl?

The carb worked fine before I replaced the valve seat. I hadn't touched the carb until I concluded I was getting no fuel. Now I've taken it apart and cleaned it and rebuilt it, but still no luck. I can't troubleshoot any further without understanding how the fuel is supposed to get through this contraption.

Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: