SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Smokey on Monday, August 15, 2016:

I mowed part of the lawn a few days ago, put the lawn mower away as usual. Went to finish mowing today and it won't start. It backfires thru the exhaust a few times then the carb a couple of times. I checked the flywheel sheer pin and it's ok. Took the valve cover off and found the exhaust valve had a quarter inch gap. Adjusted the valves and checked cam timing and it's ok also. Cleaned and reinstalled the spark plug, poured a little gas in the carb and tried to start it. Same thing. Back firing thru the exhaust a few times then the carb a couple of times. Even tried a small shot of ether. I've got air, fuel, spark, and timing. What am I missing? I didn't know where to post this.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: