SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Midnight on Monday, June 29, 2009:

1987 Craftsman 18 HP Drag Link

Awhile back, user daviddude posted a fix for drag links where the ball joint broke loose out of the hole (non-replaceable ball joint). Here's what he said and what I need to know -- can any of you guys comment on this? Thanks!

Here's what DavidDude said: I have a Sears suburban which is similar to the ss12 and no parts for miles. a man with a welding shop around here, took it, set the ball-joint back in it and managed to weld around the hole.it still works great even after 7 years usage.i have 2 bolens tractors same thing happend to them he did same repairs and, no probs too.thought you might like to know incase you cannot find another drag link...good luck anyways.

Here's what I'm asking:
I'm having the same problem on a Craftsman GT18 garden tractor model 917.255914 and need drag link part number 110497x, which is discontinued.

How did your guy manage to build up the rim around the ball joint without seizing the ball joint itself? Is there some kind of copper paste or something that he put on it? I have a 100-amp MIG welder but I sure can't weld that accurately. Would like to know if your guy TIG welded it or coated the ball with something to which a weld will not stick, thanks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: