SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Rob on Monday, August 01, 2016:

In Reply to: Re: Kubota B7500 fuel starved posted by jm. on Monday, August 01, 2016:

Jim, The tractor has two returns, one from the top of the fuel filter housing and one from the injectors. Both lead to top of the tank. I replaced the fuel filter O-rings today and I have the return from the injectors connected to the top of the tank as it should be. I also put a shut off valve in line with the return from the top of the fuel filter to the top of the tank, filled it up and put a small amount of fuel conditioner in the tank. With the shut off in the off position she runs fine. Flip it to open and the fuel filter bowl drains down and she stalls. I talked to a Kubota service tech today too. He said he suspected either a partial blockage in the line from the bottom of the tank to the fuel filter or that the plastic fuel filter body has a hairline crack somewhere. I'm inclined to agree as the filter housing stayed wet looking (although no dripping fuel) and when I pulled the fuel line from the tank from the filter housing, it drains at about half the stream size of what I'd expect. I think I'm going to have to pull the tank, flush and let it drain from the gas cap end (upside down so to speak), and I'll probably replace that fuel filter housing too. Was hoping for a temp fix that would allow me to mow my field before having to do all of that. The guy who posted on this site about 7 years ago with a similar fix said, his tractor is still running with the two returns connected to each other (bypassed the tank).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: