SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by AJ on Monday, January 09, 2017:

In Reply to: 1740 Adapter plate and drive shaft posted by Kc Savage on Sunday, January 08, 2017:

Looking at the parts layout I seen that the engine is on rubber mountings and the transfer box is bolted on solid to the frame,I would make sure the engine mountings are good,it would be more then likely that the vibration is caused by the U/J's on the shaft than the adapter plate,I would replace the two U/J's and see if the vibration is gone before changing the adapter plate,if the adapter plate is a flexible type that would not be used unless it was needed,check the mountings and replace the two U/J's Case # T40106 Kit and see how it is.
AJ

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: