Re: Case 1737 Uniloader (answer to Sam's reply)

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Marvin W. Johnson on Monday, October 28, 2002:

In Reply to: Re: Case 1737 Uniloader posted by Sam on Saturday, October 26, 2002:

Sam,

Thanks for your reply. Since I posted my original message, I have done some research and believe my unit has been modified by installation of a sixty horsepower Wisconsin V461-D engine.

Since I could not get to the engine to change points, plugs, and tune it up I had to pull it. I put in a new starter, alternator (updated one), fuel pump, along with new points, rotor, dist.cap, plug wires and spark plugs. Just got thru bench testing it today and it sounded sweet. This engine was only running on two cylinders before I pulled it and I think it will now have all sixty horses working for me. Thanks for the advice about the gearbox. I have not checked it for level as yet. Good point, does your unit loose gearbox oil?

How about adjustment of the large spring for the torque converter belt, is it very sensitive.

I have the manual now for the motor, but still have no manual for the tractor itself.

Noticed a lot of newer skid steer loaders have tracks added over the tires. Will these tracks fit over the older units like the 1737??

Congrats on purchasing a newer unit--did you trade the old one in?? If you don't mind telling me, how much did it bring on trade??

Again, thanks for the reply.

Marvin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]