SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Jim L on Wednesday, July 26, 2017:

In Reply to: Jubilee Crankshaft Issue posted by Wick on Wednesday, July 26, 2017:

Hello Wick, welcome to our little forum. Your problem would be worrisome all right. The first thing I would do is to pull off or short out the number 1 (front) spark plug wire and listen for a change in the rattle you hear and engine rpm. If you don't get a change in rpm then that cylinder may not be working. Next do a compression check. If that cylinder has low compression you just might have a broken valve (causing the rattle). I don't want to go out on a limb here, I'm just sort of thinking out loud. But do that and let us know what you find and maybe we can go from there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: