SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Mike on Sunday, June 25, 2017:

My NAA was running perfect until I left it parked in my pasture and my cows decided to rip the wires off the distributor and the one wire from the distributor to the coil. I replaced the plug wires, which was easy enough. I replaced the coil wire with a standard (12 gauge - I believe) stranded copper wire.

I am not getting any spark to the plugs now. I did the old ground the plug to the block test and I have a tester (the one that you hook up to the wire and ground with gator clip). No spark. I am guessing there is a possibility that I did not have a good ground (they paint everything LOL)

I have done a primary coil test with my craftsman ohm meter; it registered about 1.9 and the secondary test came in around 9.0. If I turn on the key and test the voltage on the input side of the coil, it reads 5.4 volts; not sure if this is a legitimate test or not.

Guessin you all realize the difficulty is that it ran just fine prior to the cow eating fest. I have stared at the thing repeatedly and not sure where to go now.
I did notice the original coil to distributor wire was braided, but it was silver in color and not the orange color that copper has. Is it possible that the copper is impeding the spark? Is there some type of low resistance wire that is required between the coil and the distributor?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: