SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Jim L on Sunday, May 14, 2017:

In Reply to: Ford 9N no spark posted by ray dilettuso on Saturday, May 13, 2017:

Hi Ray, welcome to the world of the 'N' tractors. I read your post 3 or 4 times and I'm left with a few questions for you. First of all, the 9N distributor only goes on one way. The slot at the end of the cam shaft is off set. If you put it on wrong and tighten the bolts you can break the ears off the distributor. Second, what was your original wiring problem? What you need to do is, make sure the distributor is mounted correctly. Then, with a volt meter check for battery at the terminal of the coil. If you have battery there, then it's possible that the new points or condenser are defective. Make sure the coiled spring like terminal under the coil is making contact with the distributor. I don't want to see you buy unnecessary parts, but your coil could be bad. You never said if you had a 12 volt conversion. Do you? If you don't have battery at the coil, then check for it at both sides of the ballast resistor, which could be bad. If no battery on either side of that then try bypassing the ignition switch with a jumper from the battery to the post on the terminal block. Let us know what you find.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: