SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Gentleman Farmer on Tuesday, October 09, 2012:

Greetings, Oliver Nation. I am back with more challenges to getting my 1955 Super 55 operational.

I need to do some ignition work, but I need to know whether the distributor is an Autolite or a Delco to obtain the correct parts. Any clues as to how to tell them apart? The existing unit has an opposed clip type fastener for the cap.

The oil bath air cleaner hose was disconnected from the carb when Mr. Oliver arrived. It has an inline valve on the fuel line, as there is a fuel leak unless the valve is off (when the engine is not running). When the engine ran (before the ignition problem I am trying to correct), no problems, but a little rich. Any particular difficulty in rebuilding the carb (variety of suppliers), or was it a single type for this year?

Many thanks, as always.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: